NOTE: This process is for using DocuTrac with the Perfect Practice Case Management system. If you already have DocuTrac buttons setup for the DOS Case Management, you will need to do this process for the Perfect Practice for Windows Case Management. These Update Installation Instructions only apply to Perfect Practice for Windows sites that performed the initial installation of the program exactly as directed by the instructions. If you modified any part of the Installation, please call the ADC Legal Systems, Inc. support department for custom update instructions.
To access the DocuTrac macro it must be saved in the Startup folder for Microsoft Word.
1. The startup area may vary depending upon how the Office product was installed. An example of a standard install startup directory is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup. To verify if this is the correct location of the folder on your network, go to the Microsoft Word menu bar, select Tools then options. When the window pops up, select the File Locations tab. Within the box of choices highlight "Startup" then click Modify. The folder named in this box is the location of your startup folder. If it is not the location above, write it down now to access in the later steps.
Startup location (if different than above) c:\ ____________________________
2. Close Microsoft Word. (this is very IMPORTANT for this process to work correctly.)
3. Retrieve a copy of the macro. Go to the network drive where Perfect Practice is installed, then to the directory: APPS\ADCPP2\PERFPRAC\BIN. Copy the file DOCUTRAC.DOT to your Microsoft office startup directory noted above.
Note: Older versions of Perfect Practice (2.0 and earlier) have the macros installed to the MACROS folder instead of the BIN folder.
4. The DocuTrac buttons will now be on the standard button bar when you open Microsoft Word.
5. This process will have to be repeated one each workstation that you wish to have access DocuTrac.